SOLJETS presents BuNo 156925 served in the US Navy Instrument Training Program, and was largely used as a land-based instrument trainer. The aircraft has 115 arrested landings making it one of the lowest cycle TA-4J’s in existence. Even though it was retired, it had an incredible 52% life remaining based on US Naval utilization standards.
- 14 Month Refurbishment Completed in November 2016
- Full Garmin Glass Cockpit
- Garmin Digital Autopilot
- Like-new Condition Inside and Out – All Major Systems and Accessories Refurbished, Overhauled, or Replaced
Total Time Since New 8751
Description Pratt & Whitney Model J-52 P8
Total Hours Since New 8751
- Dual Garmin G3X Touch Screen 10.6″ PFD’s with GDU 460 Screens
- Garmin G5 electronic standby (airspeed, altitude, and attitude)
- Garmin Synthetic Vision
- WAAS Capable
- GSU 25 ADAHRS system
- GMU 22 magnetometer
- GTP 59 Air Temperature Probe
- ARTEX – ME 406 ELT
- UHF Radios – Removed but re-installable (not compatible with Garmin)
- Radar Altimeter – removed but installable (not compatible with Garmin)
- Two (2) 300 USG drop tanks
- Escapac Ejection Seats
- Turbine Start Cart (Huffer & Electrical)
- Custom Bruce’s Canopy Covers
- Entry Ladder
Originally manufactured in 1970. Restoration Completed in 2016.BuNo 925 was retired from US Navy Training Command and was primarily in storage until 2006 when a 10 year $1.5M restoration began. All major systems of the aircraft were overhauled, rebuilt or replaced.
- New canopy and glass installed ($280,000)
- Landing gear was removed, overhauled, painted and re-installed ($300,000)
- All flap and slat tracks were replaced
- All pumps, actuators overhauled
- Engine Hot Section Inspection
- In December 2015 the aircraft was ferried to Classic Jet Warbirds of Titusville, FL where an experienced A-4 restoration crew began re-assembly.
- All flight controls removed, balanced and reinstalled.
- Complete strip and zinc chromate primer of entire airframe
- New paint in Douglas / US Navy Gull Grey and White.
- Crew gaseous oxygen system conversion.
- Weapons control systems installed
- Number of Passengers – 2
- Last Refurb Date – 2016
Complete Logbooks are available.
|Fuel Efficiency (mpg US):||1.85|
|Per Seat Efficiency:||3.7|
|Wing Loading lb/sq ft:||70.7|
|Power Loading lb/hp:||.51|
|External Length (FT):||42.6|
|External Height (FT):||15.2|
|External Span (FT):||27.5|
|Power Output / Flat Rating:||11200|
|Max Takeoff Weight (LBS):||24500|
|Empty Weight-BOW (LBS):||10602|
|Useful Load (LBS):||13898|
|TO Distance (SL @ ISA) FT:||3720|